Based on the 2020 report of the Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP), we can assume that the province foresees the boom of business immigration ahead. In August 2020, Ontario Premier Doug Ford has criticized the situation with its Entrepreneur stream. As a result, OINP started to take action to increase business immigration to the province. In 2020, Ontario finally nominated one Entrepreneur stream candidate. At the moment, OINP makes final reviews of another 18 Entrepreneur applications. The total investment of those candidates is estimated at $22.4 million dollars and may lead to new 92 job openings. Finally, OINP has received 64 applications in 2020 which now are being processed. Last year, Ontario welcomed 260 business candidates under all business immigration streams.
- Canada increases the excessive demand threshold
- Canadian Government again extended travel restrictions
- British Columbia held a new draw in the Tech Pilot
- The new Hong Kong Pathway for Permanent Residency received more than 500 applications
- The government of Saskatchewan still accepts applications from international graduates
- Upcoming International Recruitment Events in New Brunswick