Immigration Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) has released the final Express Entry Permanent Residence admissions data for 2020. Despite the COVID-19, IRCC finalized 63,925 PR applications through the Express Entry. 25,105 applicants (39.1%) were granted PR status under the Canadian Experience Class (CEC); 24,245 immigrants (37.9%) were processed through the Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSW); 14,100 cases were processed through the Express Entry-aligned streams of the Provincial Nominee Program (PNP), and only 565 newcomers immigrated through the Federal Skilled Trades Program (FST). Since the launch of the Express Entry in January 2015, Canada admitted 374,395 immigrants in the Express Entry: 162,450 FSW newcomers, 129,685 CEC immigrants, 73,935 provincial nominees, and 8,325 FST newcomers.
- Canada increases the excessive demand threshold
- Canadian Government again extended travel restrictions
- British Columbia held a new draw in the Tech Pilot
- The new Hong Kong Pathway for Permanent Residency received more than 500 applications
- The government of Saskatchewan still accepts applications from international graduates
- Upcoming International Recruitment Events in New Brunswick