On March 8, 2021, Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) conducted a new Express Entry invitation round. Draw #177 was intended for candidates in the Provincial Nominee Program. The government issued 671 invitations to apply (ITA), and the cut-off score in this draw was 739 points, 19 points more compared to the previous PNP-specific draw that occurred on February 10. The tie-breaking rule for this round was February 16, 2021, at 19:10:25 UTC. As of March 1, 2021, there are 147,688 profiles registered in the system, 5,026 profiles fewer compared to the previous update. After the largest draw in history, many in-Canada candidates registered in the pool waiting for the new massive invitation round for candidates with Canadian work experience. So far, Canada issued 38,657 ITAs through Express Entry in 2021.
- Canada increases the excessive demand threshold
- Canadian Government again extended travel restrictions
- British Columbia held a new draw in the Tech Pilot
- The new Hong Kong Pathway for Permanent Residency received more than 500 applications
- The government of Saskatchewan still accepts applications from international graduates
- Upcoming International Recruitment Events in New Brunswick