On April 15, 2021, Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) announced the plan to accelerate caregiver application processing. According to the news release, Minister Marco Mendicino set a goal to complete 6,000 applications in the Home Child Care Provider (HCP) and Home Support Worker (HSW) pilots by the end of 2021. 1,500 of them must pass at least the first-stage approvals. In turn, it will allow more caregiver work permits to be issued for candidates who obtained valid job offers. IRCC also wants to increase the digitization of caregiver applications and ensure the receiving of the acknowledgements of receipt by May 31, 2021. As of March 3, 2021, there were about 12,000 caregiver applications on both pilots in the processing inventory. As of April 8, 2021, IRCC received 2,367 applications in the HCP and 516 HSW applications that can be accepted in 2021. 2,900 caregivers and their family members receive a PR status in 2020.
- Sudbury considered 12 applications in the Rural and Northern Pilot
- Nova Scotia invited 2 international graduate entrepreneurs under the new NSNP draw
- BCPNP issued 379 invitation in the new round
- AINP invited 250 candidates in Alberta Express Entry Stream
- The OINP issued invitations to apply in the Employer Job Offer: Foreign Worker Stream
- The Canadian-American border might be opened by late summer or early fall