On April 29, 2021, Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) introduced updates in the Biometrics and Identity Management Operations Unit. The Unit updated the pages for biometrics and identity management and also provided guidance in the program delivery instructions related to naming procedures. Canada’s immigration biometric collection program consists of biographic data, a digital photo, and all fingerprints. The biometric collection helps IRCC to strengthen identity management, enhance security, improve program integrity, and facilitate the processing of legitimate applicants. Identity management is key to the integrity of program and service delivery at IRCC. The department plays a lead role in establishing and managing the identity information of foreign-born residents and Canadians. Identity management spans a continuum of programs and services including temporary residents, permanent residents, refugees, citizenship, and passport.
- Sudbury considered 12 applications in the Rural and Northern Pilot
- Nova Scotia invited 2 international graduate entrepreneurs under the new NSNP draw
- BCPNP issued 379 invitation in the new round
- AINP invited 250 candidates in Alberta Express Entry Stream
- The OINP issued invitations to apply in the Employer Job Offer: Foreign Worker Stream
- The Canadian-American border might be opened by late summer or early fall