Denise Amyot, the chief executive officer of Colleges and Institutes Canada, said a $2,000 hotel bill is the cost of half of a semester for many students. Amyot called on the government to exempt international students from the three-day stopover requirement. The office of Transport Minister Omar Alghabra said in a statement that any decision to ease or modify border measures in Canada will be based on scientific evidence. Canada’s schools draw fewer international students due to pandemic travel rules. Fewer international students in Canadian post-secondary schools means less revenue for these institutions, which will affect domestic students. Amyot said the decrease in international student numbers will eventually create a gap in the labour force in Canada.
- Canada increases the excessive demand threshold
- Canadian Government again extended travel restrictions
- British Columbia held a new draw in the Tech Pilot
- The new Hong Kong Pathway for Permanent Residency received more than 500 applications
- The government of Saskatchewan still accepts applications from international graduates
- Upcoming International Recruitment Events in New Brunswick