On March 5, 2021, Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) announced the expansion of the staff in the Sydney Case Processing Centre. The IRCC’s office in Nova Scotia will hire 62 new case managers. This staffing increase is aimed at the facilitation of the processing of family unification applications, namely outland spousal and children sponsorship and reducing processing times. This increase is planned for 1 year to eliminate all backlogs. In 2022, IRCC will re-evaluate its needs. In 2020, Canada welcomed 36,025 sponsored spouses. This year, IRCC hopes to admit 80,000 sponsored spouses.
- Canada increases the excessive demand threshold
- Canadian Government again extended travel restrictions
- British Columbia held a new draw in the Tech Pilot
- The new Hong Kong Pathway for Permanent Residency received more than 500 applications
- The government of Saskatchewan still accepts applications from international graduates
- Upcoming International Recruitment Events in New Brunswick