On April 8, 2021, Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) announced a major change in permanent residence application submissions. All paper-based economic immigration applications can now be submitted online via the IRCC portal. This update includes PR applications in the Non-Express Entry Provincial Nominee Program streams, Rural and Northern Immigration Pilot, Agri-Food Immigration Pilot, Atlantic Immigration Pilot, and all Quebec economic programs such as Quebec Selected Investor Program, Quebec Entrepreneur Program, and Quebec Self-Employed Persons Program. In addition, IRCC updated the terminology used in the departmental documents and guides removing the term “paper-based” applications under the Provincial Nominee Program to “non-Express Entry” applications under the Provincial Nominee Program. Those applications will now be called base nominations, while Express Entry PNPs will be called enhanced nominations. This means that almost all economic immigration applications have been digitalized.
- Sudbury considered 12 applications in the Rural and Northern Pilot
- Nova Scotia invited 2 international graduate entrepreneurs under the new NSNP draw
- BCPNP issued 379 invitation in the new round
- AINP invited 250 candidates in Alberta Express Entry Stream
- The OINP issued invitations to apply in the Employer Job Offer: Foreign Worker Stream
- The Canadian-American border might be opened by late summer or early fall