A report by the Information and Communication Technology Council (ICTC) pointed out that in Canada’s information and communication technology talent market, more than two-fifths of the practitioners were from immigrant groups. By 2023, the number of job vacancies for Canadian digital skills practitioners may be as high as 305,000. The huge number of job vacancies also indicates that science and technology talent will continue to be the key immigration targets of the Canadian government, such as through the federal global talent stream (GTS) and the BC Tech pilot category. In Canada, more than one-fifth of the population is made up of immigrants. At the same time, the number of new immigrants to Canada is also increasing year by year.
- Canada increases the excessive demand threshold
- Canadian Government again extended travel restrictions
- British Columbia held a new draw in the Tech Pilot
- The new Hong Kong Pathway for Permanent Residency received more than 500 applications
- The government of Saskatchewan still accepts applications from international graduates
- Upcoming International Recruitment Events in New Brunswick