On March 29, 2021, Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) posted a press release announcing the extension of the temporary public allowing visitors to apply for a work permit from inside Canada. This policy has been extended in response to the COVID-19 pandemic that limits international travel. In addition, IRCC modified the eligibility criteria and allowed visitors to apply for work permits regardless of their entry date. This policy will remain in effect until August 31, 2021. According to IRCC, over 1,000 visitors already changed their status from visitors to workers since this policy was launched in August 2020.
- Canada increases the excessive demand threshold
- Canadian Government again extended travel restrictions
- British Columbia held a new draw in the Tech Pilot
- The new Hong Kong Pathway for Permanent Residency received more than 500 applications
- The government of Saskatchewan still accepts applications from international graduates
- Upcoming International Recruitment Events in New Brunswick