On April 8, 2021, Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) published and updated the instructions for Temporary Resident Permits (TRPs) regulations for victims of family violence. Applicants or their designates can now send a family violence TRP application to the closest local IRCC office by mail. Earlier such applications were processed only in the Case Processing Centre in Edmonton. The new procedure may improve the processing of these urgent cases. IRCC also updated instructions for officers regarding assessing TRP eligibility when PR applications have not yet been submitted.
- Sudbury considered 12 applications in the Rural and Northern Pilot
- Nova Scotia invited 2 international graduate entrepreneurs under the new NSNP draw
- BCPNP issued 379 invitation in the new round
- AINP invited 250 candidates in Alberta Express Entry Stream
- The OINP issued invitations to apply in the Employer Job Offer: Foreign Worker Stream
- The Canadian-American border might be opened by late summer or early fall