On April 20, 2021, Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) provided an update for the instruction to the officers assessing applications to transfer them to the Domestic Network’s Centre of Expertise in Security Cases if an application has passed eligibility assessment, while raises admissibility concerns under sections 34 (security grounds), 35 (human or international rights violations) and 37 (organized criminality) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA). IRCC has accordingly updated respective sections in the instructions for family class applications, Humanitarian and compassionate (H&C) consideration, healthcare workers permanent residence pathway, out-of-status construction workers in the Greater Toronto Area (GTA), and Temporary resident permits.
- IRCC has launched a series of online portals
- Manitoba nominated 250 candidates in February and March 2021
- Canada updated the biometrics and identity management definitions
- Canada issued 6,000 ITAs in the Express Entry draw for CEC candidates
- Ontario has introduced the points grid for the new Expression of Interest system
- Ontario opened registration in the two streams of the OINP