In 2020, Employment and Social Development Canada (ESDC) approved 123,312 Labour Market Impact Assessments (LMIAs) in support of Work Permit applications under the Temporary Foreign Workers Program (TFWP). Over half of all LMIAs in 2020 were approved in the Agriculture Streams – 72,232 (58.6%). 20,820 (16.9%) of the approved LMIAs were submitted in the High-Wage Stream, 27,023 (21.9%) – in the Low-Wage Stream. Finally, 3,237 applications (2.6%) were in the Global Talent Stream.
- Canada increases the excessive demand threshold
- Canadian Government again extended travel restrictions
- British Columbia held a new draw in the Tech Pilot
- The new Hong Kong Pathway for Permanent Residency received more than 500 applications
- The government of Saskatchewan still accepts applications from international graduates
- Upcoming International Recruitment Events in New Brunswick