On April 8, 2021, the government of Ontario posted a new update on the issuance of nomination certificates in the framework of the Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP). To date, Ontario nominated 2,874 candidates, 613 certificates of nomination more compared to the previous update on March 17. In 2020, Ontario invited 16,976 candidates and nominated 8,050 foreign nationals, including 7,249 spouses and dependent children. The quota for 2021 will be available once published by the federal government.
- Sudbury considered 12 applications in the Rural and Northern Pilot
- Nova Scotia invited 2 international graduate entrepreneurs under the new NSNP draw
- BCPNP issued 379 invitation in the new round
- AINP invited 250 candidates in Alberta Express Entry Stream
- The OINP issued invitations to apply in the Employer Job Offer: Foreign Worker Stream
- The Canadian-American border might be opened by late summer or early fall