On March 17, 2021, the Ontario government published a new update on the issuance of nomination certificates under the Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP). As of March 12, Ontario issued 2,261 certificates of nomination, 742 more compared to the previous update on February 11. Last year, Ontario issued 8,050 nominations. The quota for 2021 has not been released yet by the federal government. During 2019 and 2020, Ontario consistently requested IRCC to increase the allocation for Ontario, as the demand for OINP has been increasing for several years.
- Canada increases the excessive demand threshold
- Canadian Government again extended travel restrictions
- British Columbia held a new draw in the Tech Pilot
- The new Hong Kong Pathway for Permanent Residency received more than 500 applications
- The government of Saskatchewan still accepts applications from international graduates
- Upcoming International Recruitment Events in New Brunswick