On April 13, 2021, the government of Ontario released a new update regarding the completeness check procedure under the Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP). The OINP will return and refund incomplete applications received both in Express Entry-aligned streams (French-Speaking Skilled Worker, Skilled Trades, and Human Capital Priorities) and the new Expression of Interest streams (Ph.D. and Master Graduates and three Employer Job Offer streams). Applicants whose application will be returned will have to receive a new invitation from Ontario to apply for OINP. According to provincial authorities, this step will increase the quality of applications and improve processing times for all streams.
- Sudbury considered 12 applications in the Rural and Northern Pilot
- Nova Scotia invited 2 international graduate entrepreneurs under the new NSNP draw
- BCPNP issued 379 invitation in the new round
- AINP invited 250 candidates in Alberta Express Entry Stream
- The OINP issued invitations to apply in the Employer Job Offer: Foreign Worker Stream
- The Canadian-American border might be opened by late summer or early fall