On March 18, 2021, Quebec presented the intake mechanism for Collective Sponsorship applications under the Program for Refugees Abroad for 2020-2021. The new instructions introduced a simplified mechanism that allows online application submission via the Arrima platform. Groups of 2 to 5 individuals are eligible to submit applications should they meet the eligibility criteria. One group can submit no more than two applications. Each individual cannot be a member of more than one group of sponsors. The Quebec Ministry of Immigration (MIFI) allocated a quota of 750 spots for the program. In the case the number of applications will exceed the quota, MIFI will conduct a random draw for the candidates.
- Canada increases the excessive demand threshold
- Canadian Government again extended travel restrictions
- British Columbia held a new draw in the Tech Pilot
- The new Hong Kong Pathway for Permanent Residency received more than 500 applications
- The government of Saskatchewan still accepts applications from international graduates
- Upcoming International Recruitment Events in New Brunswick