Quebec will receive applications of workers in the artificial intelligence, and information technologies and visual effects sectors in the Permanent Immigration Pilot Program (PIPP). The program aims both to attract foreign workers who have significant work experience in one of the targeted sectors and preserve Quebec graduates in artificial intelligence. This year, the application reception period for PIPP is from April 22 to October 31. The five-year program considers the selection of up to 550 candidates each year as well as their family members. Quebec intends to equally distribute the number between each stream: 275 workers or Quebec graduates in the artificial intelligence sector, and 275 workers in the information technologies and visual effects sector.
- Sudbury considered 12 applications in the Rural and Northern Pilot
- Nova Scotia invited 2 international graduate entrepreneurs under the new NSNP draw
- BCPNP issued 379 invitation in the new round
- AINP invited 250 candidates in Alberta Express Entry Stream
- The OINP issued invitations to apply in the Employer Job Offer: Foreign Worker Stream
- The Canadian-American border might be opened by late summer or early fall