On April 26, 2021, the City of Greater Sudbury held this year’s second round of invitations in the Rural and Northern Immigration Pilot (RNIP). In this round, Sudbury considered 16 candidates, 4 more than in the April 8 draw. The lowest score of this draw was 240 points, 40 points fewer than in the previous draw. The last applicant in this draw was considered on April 19, 2021. Candidates who applied after September 2020 but never got an invitation, may be drawn in the next rounds. In 2020, Sudbury invited 42 candidates, and in total, 54 individuals were recommended by the city since the launch of the program. This year, in total, 28 applicants have already been invited.
- Sudbury considered 12 applications in the Rural and Northern Pilot
- Nova Scotia invited 2 international graduate entrepreneurs under the new NSNP draw
- BCPNP issued 379 invitation in the new round
- AINP invited 250 candidates in Alberta Express Entry Stream
- The OINP issued invitations to apply in the Employer Job Offer: Foreign Worker Stream
- The Canadian-American border might be opened by late summer or early fall