On April 15, 2021, Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) and Public Safety and Emergency Preparedness Canada issued a statement regarding the Safe Third Country Agreement (STCA). The Federal Court of Appeal granted the appeal of the Federal Court decision so the STCA at Canadian and U.S. land ports of entry remains in effect. The statement said that the STCA was in full effect for 16 years. In the last three years, Canada has welcomed the biggest amount of refugees in the world and continues to asylum to those fleeing conflict and persecution.
- Sudbury considered 12 applications in the Rural and Northern Pilot
- Nova Scotia invited 2 international graduate entrepreneurs under the new NSNP draw
- BCPNP issued 379 invitation in the new round
- AINP invited 250 candidates in Alberta Express Entry Stream
- The OINP issued invitations to apply in the Employer Job Offer: Foreign Worker Stream
- The Canadian-American border might be opened by late summer or early fall