Due to the COVID-19 pandemic and the resulting lockdowns and restrictions on non-essential travel, the number of international tourists arriving in Canada has dropped more than 90 percent. Data provided by Canada Border Services Agency indicates that 35.6 million tourists arrived in Canada between March 2019 and mid-February 2020. This number dropped down to only 1.9 million between March 2020 and February 2021. Overall, the number of people arriving in Canada through international flights dropped more than 90 percent as compared to the pre-pandemic period.
- Canada increases the excessive demand threshold
- Canadian Government again extended travel restrictions
- British Columbia held a new draw in the Tech Pilot
- The new Hong Kong Pathway for Permanent Residency received more than 500 applications
- The government of Saskatchewan still accepts applications from international graduates
- Upcoming International Recruitment Events in New Brunswick