Canada approved 123,312 applications for Labour Market Impact Assessments (LMIAs) from Canadian Employers wishing to hire Temporary Foreign Workers. The highest number of approved LMIAs was for employers in Ontario – 40,053 (32.5%). Quebec is second with 32,965 LMIAs (26.7%). British Columbia was the third with 30,380 approved LMIAs (24.6%). These three provinces combined hold 83.8% of all approved LMIAs in 2020. The biggest drop in LMIAs was in Alberta – while in 2019 there were 12,834 LMIAs, due to limitations imposed by the provincial governments on LMIAs for certain NOCs, there were only 8,045 in 2020.
- Canada increases the excessive demand threshold
- Canadian Government again extended travel restrictions
- British Columbia held a new draw in the Tech Pilot
- The new Hong Kong Pathway for Permanent Residency received more than 500 applications
- The government of Saskatchewan still accepts applications from international graduates
- Upcoming International Recruitment Events in New Brunswick