On March 17, 2021, Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) conducted a new Express Entry draw. Draw #178 targeted candidates under the Provincial Nominee Program. IRCC invited 183 provincial candidates, and the cut-off score in this round was 682 points, 57 points less compared to the previous PNP-specific draw that occurred on March 8. The tie-breaking rule for this round March 04, 2021, at 16:56:20 UTC. As of March 15, 2021, there are 162,120 profiles registered in the pool, 14,432 profiles more compared to the previous update. Such a great increase shows a dramatic increase in the interest tot Express Entry. Since the largest draw in history a month ago, when IRCC invited over 27,000 candidates, the number of profiles became even bigger than it was prior to the historic record draw. For instance, on February 8, there were 152,714 profiles in the pool. This means from February 8 to March 15, there were over 36,000 new registrations. In total, Canada issued 38,840 ITAs to foreign nationals through Express Entry in 2021.
- Canada increases the excessive demand threshold
- Canadian Government again extended travel restrictions
- British Columbia held a new draw in the Tech Pilot
- The new Hong Kong Pathway for Permanent Residency received more than 500 applications
- The government of Saskatchewan still accepts applications from international graduates
- Upcoming International Recruitment Events in New Brunswick